Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Quero mais dos seus beijos


One two, beat one two
What is this that thumps inside of me?
My head says I'm spinning out of control
But your hand is tying me down to earth

This ring on my finger doesn't mean much any more
And all the songs I sing these days are of being unsure
I'm perched on this shore where waves drown out the noise

Three four, beats three four
Swing the time and sip the wine
Language means nothing when our words tell lies
Your hands pull me through the barriers

The rings on my fingers remind me of reality
I only have sad songs to bounce off these walls
This jungle of concrete is suffocating me

Five fingers, four hands
Linked like chains and broken like bread
We shake our fists all the while holding  our pride
Swallowing swigs of tears and painting on smiles



No comments:

Post a Comment